Parent Teacher Conferences
Our parent teacher conferences are on the schedule for October 4th. Please use the following link to sign up for your meeting with your child’s teacher.
Our most up to date calendar can be found online at this link: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/u/2?cid=c3Byb3V0aW5nbWluZHNtb250ZXNzb3Jpc2Nob29sQGdtYWlsLmNvbQ
This will be updated with any SMFA meetings, events and other things happening at SMMS.
You may want to look up how to add the calendar to your phone calendar, many parents have found that beneficial!
Summary of SMFA Meeting from 9/14
Please be sure to check the SMFA file that was sent previously through Transparent Classroom (also found in the School Info Section)
Here is a summary of our meeting:
- Mulch delivery – Abby/Connor volunteered their tractor to move mulch to play area; Bailey also volunteered to help (mid-October deliver, exact date TBD)
- Harvest Fest planning ideas
- Date: Th 10/21 – evening (times TBD – maybe 5:30-7:30?)
- Location: school grounds
- What: Families set-up and decorate a table in the schoolyard (lawn area) for students to trick-or-treat at (in lieu of trunk-or-treat because parking lot is too small)
- A. G. & C. G. volunteered to head up this event
- SMFA provide snacks (juice boxes, cheese + crackers, animal cookies, smores – food allergy safe items)
- Firepit for making smores (need someone to bring one)
- Tables for trick-or-treating – SMMS has 3 folding tables, 2 picnic tables; BYO additional tables
- Candy – families provide candy/treat items of their choosing
- Pumpkin painting activity – B. B. may have a source for pumpkins
- Hay bales – can A. P. provide again?
- Apples, cider – A. G. and C. G. offered to bring
- Planning meeting set for Wed 10/6 @ 7pm to finalize plans
- Parent Social planned for Fri 11/19 5-7pm
- Parents may drop off CH and Elem students (toddlers/siblings TBD based on staffing) at school
- Staff will provide a pretend camping experience
- Parents attend TBD social event in EA
- Pajama Day Fri 12/17!
- Winter play date
- Plan a play date meet-up (off-site) for families – date TBD
- Also discussed idea of SMFA providing sleds to school for taking students sledding across the street when snow is good
There is no such thing as bad weather!
Quite a while ago Ms. Sammie put SMMS’s name in a hat for a grant for personal outdoor attire. We were awarded the grant! We are happy to announce that we are waiting for the arrival of waterproof trail suits and snow/rain boots in most sizes from Oaki to be used at SMMS!
We are very excited that we can offer these items to our students. It helps reduce stress of worrying if your child has their rain gear or boots at school each day, or the sudden rain showers leaving them wet. They will be available for students to wear whenever in the mud, rain and slush! We can’t wait to unbox them and start getting them dirty! We will be sending home rain boots and gear once we have received the shipment from Oaki.
We welcome a new staff member Ms. Ally to our Children’s House classroom as an assistant teacher. We hope you will all welcome her into our classroom and our school.
We have unfortunate news that Ms. Claudia will be leaving our school this week for personal reasons. We wish her well in her future and hope she may find her way back to our school in the future.
October 4-8, 2021
Half Day (8:00-11:30) $125
Full Day (8:00-4:00) $250
Camp Programs are available for ages 3+. Students must have attended SMMS in the quarter prior to camp to enroll. A minimum number of students are needed for program to run each camp week.
Children’s House students and elementary students get together for great fun! The camp sessions do not follow the school year curriculum however is wildly fun and educational in a hands-on way.
Children must be in attendance prior to 9AM or may not attend that day.
Registration form will be sent in Transparent Classroom and must be filled out prior to September 27th for attendance. Spaces are limited.
I will be linking our Coffee Talks from last year. These are short informational videos about Montessori, and your child’s experience at SMMS.
You can click either of these links to watch on Facebook or Instagram.
Coffee Talk 1: Montessori 101
Coffee Talk 2: Sensitive Periods and Planes of Development
Coffee Talk 3: Peace Education and Grace and Courtesy
Coffee Talk 4: Peace Education
Coffee Talk 5: Montessori in the home
Coffee Talk 6: Practical Life
Coffee Talk 7: Language Part 1
Coffee Talk 8: Language Part 2
Coffee Talk 9: Language Part 3
Coffee Talk 10: Mathematics Part 1
Coffee Talk 11: Mathematics Part 2
Coffee Talk 12: Mathematics Part 3